- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200 g low-fat soft cheese
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree (I’ve used sun dried tomato puree)
- 250 g pasta, dried
- 150 g broccoli, broken into small pieces
- 1 medium courgette, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 25 g pine nut kernels, lightly toasted,
- 1 teaspoon parsley, or basil leaves
Cook the sweet potato in boiling, lightly salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes, Drain well, then mash and cool slightly. Stir in the low fat soft cheese and tomato puree. Season. Keep warm over a low heat whilst cooking the pasta, stirring often. If needed, add 2-3 tbsp boiling water to thin the sauce down.
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or according to pack instructions, adding the broccoli and courgette for the final 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and share between 4 warm bowls or plates. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and scatter the pine nuts and chopped parsley or basil leaves over the top.
Recipe via: Weight Watchers