Ingredients (serves 2)
For the sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon white wine vineger or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
For the kebabs
- 500gr lean minced lamb
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in a bowl of water for at least 10 min to prevent them from burning under the grill
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine the sauce ingredients in a small screw top jar, add a tablespoon of water and shake well.
- To make the kebabs, put the kebab ingredients in a food processor, season well and combine until it comes together into a ball.
- Divide the mixture into 10 and use your hands to shape the meat into “sausages”. Put the skewers through the middle of the sausage shapes.
- Preaheat the grill to high. Grill for 10 min turning occasionally until browned all over and cooked through. Serve with the dipping sauce and salad.