Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbs French dijon mustard
- 2 tbs runny honey
- 8 lamb chops
For the herb marinade
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the relish:
- 175gr shelled peas
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- small handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 50gr cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Mix the mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
- In a large shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the lamb chops, cover and marinade for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 min. Refresh under cold water. Drain and set aside. Preheat the grill.
- To make the relish, whizz the peas, spring onions, mint, olive oil and vinegar in a food processor. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and stir in the tomatoes.
- Brush the chops on both sides with the mustard and honey glaze. Cook on the BBQ or grill for 12-16 min, turning occasionally, until any meat juices run clear. Serve the chops with the relish and crusty bread.
*Recipe from a Sainsbury’s leaflet.