OK … After popular demand and a lot of discussion, here is the recipe for the “Mosaiko” or “Salami” or “Kormos” as it is called in Northern Greece 🙂
- 450 gr Petit beurre
- 250 gr milk
- 125 gr Unsalted Butter
- 180 gr brown sugar
- 60 gr cocoa powder
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 shot cognac or coffee liqueur
- Crush the biscuits in a bag
- In a pan place the milk, sugar and butter. Stir and be careful not to boil the ingredients
- Add the cocoa powder, a pinch of nutmeg, the vanilla and the liquer
- Add the biscuits and stir gently until everything is incorporated well.
- Get some foil, coat it with unsalted butter, and form the mix into a roll, wrap it up and put it in the freezer for about 4 hours.
- Serve it in slices