Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 500 gr linguine
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 x 150gr tubs fresh (hand-picked) crab meat (I’ve used both white and brown crab meat)
- 6 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green (horn) pepper, cut into fine rings
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shot of ouzo
- 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot sauté the garlic and the onion in olive oil for a couple of minutes.Then add the green pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the ouzo. After 1 minute add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and the chilli flakes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. The last minute add the chopped parsley and the crab meat and stir gently.
In the meantime boil the linguine according to the packed instructions.
Serve immediately with the crab sauce on top.
*Crab meat from: Fin and Flounder