Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g pack ready-cooked polenta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 125g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 100gr plain flour
- 25g Parmesan
- 125g ball mozzarella
- 4 ciabatta buns , lightly toasted
- salad leaves , to serve
- SunBlush tomatoes , to serve
- fresh basil pesto , to serve
- Heat oven to 200C. Cut the polenta into thick chips and rub all over with a little oil. Spread out over a baking sheet and cook for 20 mins until golden.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, lightly flatten using a rolling pin.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmezan. Put the beaten egg in another dish, dust the chicken with the flour, dip it into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, until coated all over.
- Place the chicken on a slightly oiled baking tray and place it in the oven. Cook the chicken in the oven for 12-15 min until golden. Place a mozzarella slice on top and return to the oven until starting to melt.
- Pile the burgers onto the buns with some salad leaves, tomatoes and a dollop of pesto. Serve with the polenta chips.