Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 swordfish steaks, each weighing about 175g/6oz
- olive oil for brushing
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Salsa:
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into 5mm/¼in dice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into 5mm/¼in dice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For the Sauce:
- 4 green olives
- 4 heaped tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 120ml/4fl oz water
- Keep all the prepared salsa ingredients cold, and separate until just before serving, then quickly mix them together in a bowl and divide between 4 plates.
- Cut the olive flesh from the stone in strips then cut these strips into thin pine needle sized shards. In a small pan, mix the mayonnaise, cream and warm water with the olive shards then warm through – the sauce should be served warm not hot.
- Light the barbecue or heat a ribbed grill pan. Season the swordfish steaks with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a portion of salsa and some of the sauce spread over the steaks and around the plates.
Recipe via the BBC