Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 swordfish steaks
- 350 g beetroot, uncooked
- 100 g whole dried lentils, preferably the Puy variety
- 1 portion stock cube, enough to make 600ml (1 pint)
- 1 portion lemon(s), zest and juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, (a small bunch), finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt, and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220ºC/425ºF and place the beetroot on a roasting tray.
- Roast for 30 mins until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile place the lentils and stock in a saucepan with a lid and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 25 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile place the juice and zest of lemon in a large bowl. Peel and chop the cooked beetroot and add to the bowl, also add the cooked lentils.
- Lastly, add the oil, chives and seasoning, toss gently together.
Serve with the grilled swordfish.