Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp flour , well seasoned
- olive oil
- 1 red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- a small handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- watercress or rocket to serve
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally so that you have four thin pieces. Cover with baking paper and flatten gently with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan. Dust with the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and brown the chicken well on both sides. Remove then cook the onion and celery in the same pan for 3 minutes and season. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to break down. Add the vinegar and sugar. Put the chicken back in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through then stir in the parsley. Serve with green salad.
Recipe via BBC Good Food