Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 clove of garlic , pressed
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs snipped fresh chives
- 25 gr low fat margarine
- 2 skinless haddock loins
- 4 slices Parma ham
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300gr samphire
- 50ml white wine
- 20gr butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / fan oven 170°C. In a small bowl mix together the garlic, parsley, chives, margarine and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the haddock loins on a board and cut each in half. Spread the garlic butter over the halves. Top each with another piece of haddock, sandwiching the garlic spread.
- Wrap each haddock sandwich with two slices of Parma ham to enclose the fish. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in the oven for 10-15 min until golden and cooked.
For the samphire
- Put the samphire in a sink of water and remove any wrinkled or black bits, and any ends that look dry, then transfer to a colander. Cut a bunch of chives into lengths. Put the samphire in a bowl with the chives and wine, and add a few knobs of butter, season well and mix. Place on a baking tray and bake for 8 min.
Serve the haddock kiev on a samphire bed.