Had a few ripe bananas so instead of throwing them away I’ve transformed them into this easy and healthy banana loaf.
- 75gr low fat spread
- 3 ripe bananas
- finely grated zest and juice of a lime
- 200gr wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 110 gr light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50gr walnuts (broken in to small pieces)
- Preaheat the oven to 180C / fan to 160C.
- Grease the loaf tin with a bit of spread.
- Mash the bananas with the lime zest and juice. Sift the four and spice into a bowl then add the low fat spread, and the sugar and mix.
- Stir the bananas and the beaten eggs into the flour until smooth add finally add the walnuts into the mix.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.