Ingredients (serves 2)
- 8 medium fresh scallops
- 300 gr monkfish tail, bonned and skinned
- 4 x15cm rosemary branches
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon, cut into wedges to serve
For the fattoush salad
- 1 romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and cubed
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- a small bunch of mint leaves, chopped
- a handful of chopped parsley, chopped
- 2 pita bread, torn into pieces
For the dressing
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp sumac
- Cut the vegetables into bite sizes.
- Oil the torn pitta bread pieces and sprinkle them with sumac. Place them on a baking tray and bake them for 20 min until crisp.
- Prepare the dressing and toss all ingredients in a salad bowl. Top with the crisp pitta bread.
- For each skewer you will need 2 scallops and 2 cubes of monkfish. Pull the leaves off the rosemary stalks, leaving just the tufts at the end. Sharpen the other end into a point.
- Cut the monkfish into cubes roughly the same size as the scallops. Thread a scallop on first, making sure the rosemary stick goes through the white muscle part . Next thread on a piece of monkfish, the other scallop, and finally the other piece of monkfish.
- Heat a griddle pan. When very hot, place the skewers on and grill. Season with salt and pepper while grilling. Turn over after 3 minutes.
- Serve with the fattoush salad along with wedges of lemon.