Ingredients (serves 2)
- 160 gr linguine
- 1 large bunch of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt to taste
For the meatballs
- 200 gr minced veal
- 50 gr soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 30 gr grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tbs olive oil
- Place the minced veal in a large bowl, add the egg ,the bread crumbs, oregano, garlic and parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together and knead the mixture so that it becomes smooth and sticky.
- Wash your hands, rinse them under cold running water, then pick up small pieces of the mixture and roll them between the palms of your hands to make about 16 small balls.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs in batches until browned on all sides. Place them on a plate and set aside.
- For the pesto, blend the garlic in a food processor then add the pine nuts and blend some more.
- Add the basil and a pinch of salt and blend again.
- Add the oil blend again (not too much).
- When the pesto is smooth place it in a bowl and add the cheeses, stir gently.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pesto, mix well and serve immediately with the veal meatballs on top.