Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400gr lean pork tenderloin
- 1 tbs tandoori spice mix
- low fat cooking spray
- 4 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely
- 1 x 120 gr pack shiitake mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 small pak choi, leaves separated from the stalks and stalks sliced finely, then both reserved
- 1 x 400 gr pack fresh egg noodles
- 60 gr beansprouts
- Preaheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C / fan oven 180°C and put a baking tray in to heat. Coat the pork in the tandoori spice mix and spray with the cooking spray. Heat a non stick frying pan until hot and cook the pork for 5 minutes, turning so that each side is brown. Remove the baking tray from the oven, transfer the pork to the tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
- After 10 minutes, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar and tomato puree in a small jug. Set aside. Heat a wok or non stick frying pan until hot and spray with the cooking spray. Stir fry the garlic and chilli for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms, carrots and pak choi stalks and cook for 5 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Remove the pork from the oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Set aside. Put the pan or wok back on the heat and add the noodles, beansprouts and pak choi leaves. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce mixture and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring until coated and combined. Divide the noodles between warm bowls, thinly slice the pork and place on top of the noodles. Serve immediately.
*Recipe from Weight Watchers book “delicious”