- 3 free-range eggs
- 300ml vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 1 total 2% Greek yoghurt
- 450g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp green tea powder (I’ve used sencha)
- 175gr caster sugar
For the icing
- 3 tsp green tea powder, plus extra to garnish
- 100gr unsalted butter
- 175g philadelphia cheese
- 1 tsp milk
- 300g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C / fan 160C
- Beat the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla seeds together in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the yoghurt.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and green tea powder together in a separate bowl.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased cake tin, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden-brown on top. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the icing, mix all of the icing ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Spread the icing to the cake. Dust with a little extra green tea powder.