These polenta chips are crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle. A great and healthy alternative to potato chips!
Polenta and kalamata olive chips
Ingredients for 2 people
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 100gr quick cook dried polenta
- 30gr stoned black Kalamata olives in brine chopped finely
- 1/4 red pepper chopped finely
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Line a square baking tray with clingfilm. Put the vegetable stock into a large saucepan and bring to a boil
- Stir the polenta into the stock (stirring continuously) and cook for 2 min or according to the packet instructions until thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the olives, pepper and parsly. Season with the salt and pepper according to taste.
- Pour into the baking tray and level it with the back of a spoon. Set aside for 30 min or until it is cold.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Remove the polenta from the tin and discard the clingfilm. Cut into 16 chunky chips and tranfer to a non stick baking tray. Bake for 20-25min or until golden.