This is a really tasty, quick-to-make pasta dish, with a lovely lemon sauce lifted with a hint of saffron.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 200 gr pasta, dried, papardelle
- a pinch of saffron strands
- 1 portion stock cube chicken, make up to 50ml with hot water
- 100 g low-fat soft cheese
- 3 teaspoon lemon(s), zest, finely grated (use 1 small lemon)
- 200 g roast chicken, skinless and boneless, torn into pieces
- 50 g petits pois, or garden peas, thawed if frozen
- 1 pinch salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large leaf basil, to garnish
- Put the saffron strands into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons boiling water. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Cook the papardelle in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock and low fat soft cheese in a small saucepan, whisking until smooth. Stir in the lemon zest, then the saffron and its liquid.
- Drain the papardelle and return it to the saucepan. Add sauce, chicken and peas. Stir gently to heat through for 1-2 minutes, then serve, garnished with basil leaves.
Recipe via Weight Watchers