Bought some lovely scallops from my local fishmonger Fin and Flounder in Broadway market today. I was going to wrap them in parma ham but as I was leaving the shop I saw a box of linguine from rustichella d’abruzzo.. So I’ve decided to make lignuine with scallops instead…and below is the result 🙂
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400g Linguine
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil, extra for brushing
- 1 Lime
- 1 Red Chilli, fresh, finely chopped
- 12 King Scallops
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- Cook the linguine in boiling, salted water for 8 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing. Squeeze the juice from the lime and whisk with 5 tbsp of olive oil. Stir in the chopped chilli and half of the chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the dressing with the drained linguine, set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat a large griddle pan or large, heavy frying pan over high heat. Brush the scallops with olive oil, place in the pan and sear for 3 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook or the scallops will be tough.
- Divide the linguine between 4 serving plates and arrange the scallops on top. Serve immediately, with the remaining coriander sprinkled on top.