Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1kg mussels, cleaned and de-bearded (broken or opened ones discarded)
- 75ml dry white whine
- handful of parsley finely chopped, plus parsley for garnish
- Heat a large, lidded saucepan and add the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, but not browned.
- Add the mussels and pour in the wine. Mix through, turn up the heat and put the lid on.
- Cook, shaking the pan every now and again until all the mussels have opened and are cooked. Remove any mussels that remain closed.
- Spoon into serving bowls with the juices, sprinkle with parsley and serve with rustic bread.