Ingredients (serves 2)
- 140g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 20 mins, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps, soaked in hot water for 20 mins, drained and finely chopped
- 250g lean pork mince
- 1 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 50ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the noodles. Cook for 4 mins, then drain well and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the groundnut oil. When it starts to smoke, add the garlic, ginger, finely chopped mushrooms and shrimps. Stir well for a few secs, add the mince and stir-fry. When the meat starts to turn brown, add the rice wine and mix well. Season with the dark and light soy sauce, pour in the stock and bring to the bubble.
- After 1 min, season the pork with the toasted sesame oil, sprinkle over the spring onions and coriander, then stir in. Add the rice noodles and mix well. Serve in bowls and eat immediately, seasoned with a little more soy sauce if you like.
Recipe from the BBC Good Food Magazine April 2010