Sweet mango chutney chicken with steamed rice
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 free range skinless chicken breasts
- 100 gr jasmine rice
- 250 gr baby leaf spinach
For the marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet mango chutney
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp Thai 7 spice
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Combine the marinade ingredients reserving a few chives.
- Slash the chicken breasts and place them in a non metallic bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken combine well and allow to marinate for 30 min.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan until hot, reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken and cook for 15 min, turning and basting frequently until cooked through.
- Heat a wok or large nonstick frying pan, and add the spinach with a splash of water. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce and stir fry for 2 min until tender and wilted.
- Serve with the reserved chives scattered on top and enjoy!